Thursday, July 23, 2009

Lansersee

Yesterday we went took the tram to a lake just outside of Innsbruck called Landsersee. It was pretty awesome. Also pretty freakin cold since it used to be snow and all. We got to see what people mean when they say that Europeans are more liberal with there bodies... aka naked people. Little naked boys and girls running around everywhere. All I could say was, Contamination, when I saw a naked kid riding a bike. And it wasnt just kids who were naked. People too. A little naked girl gave Rachel a leaf as a present. We swam out to the floating dock in the middle and I tried to touch the bottom but it was really one of the scariest things I have done here, considering that the water was so green you couldnt see six feet down and considering how deep Manfred told me it was. Because of his accent I couldnt tell if he said 19 or 90 meters but either way I dove down as far as I could. So far that when I looked up it was just green. I couldnt even tell that the dock was above me. It was creepy. Right now I am in between exams. I just took my art history one and did ok. I think I got a high B, probably not an A, but oh well. In one hour we will be taking our Food & Culture in Europe, which I am not sure how hard it will be. Its on everything from the Danube to Franz Boaz to Tiroler Grösstl. Tonight, a little after 23 (11pm) we are taking the night train to Rome, sleeping in a couchette (it is the sleeping car that has 6 people in a room I think maybe just 4 and in bunkbeds I think.) Anyway we are really pumped for waking up in Rome and then going to Venice the next day, and we really cant wait to show everyone the pictures of our whole trip and tell everyone the stories we didnt post.

-T

1 comment:

  1. fo realz!! I can't wait to see all the pictures. So... you know how it asks for the word verification for you to be able to post a comment? Well, I just left a comment on the entry Rachel posted, and the word verification was "sperm." And I laughed.

    ReplyDelete