Monday, July 27, 2009

Things Travis Forgot:

Although Travis wrote a novel about our adventures in Luzern, I feel like I should contribute in some way. This was definately my favorite weekend so far. Luzern is a much smaller town than Vienna, more relaxing, and prettier (I think). It sits right on a lake and has wonderful mountain scenery in the background. Also, there wasn't a ton of stuff to see, so we weren't rushing all over the city. I think it also had to do with the unexpected nature of the trip. We had no expectations (for Vienna I had alot), so we were able to simply relax and enjoy the city as it was. Plus, there are dozens of swans in the city's river. Our favorite thing to do (other than the incredible nerdy museum) was to watch the swans, and little kids scared of them.

I am so thankful for this European adventure with Travis. I have been warned about letting a wedding take over, and therefore not really thinking about the marriage. But this experience has refocused us (me) on our marriage-- how fun and exciting and difficult it will be at times. I haven't even thought about weddings in 3 weeks!

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you are thinking about your marriage! Hopefully I'll have some time to settle down and do that at some point. I've constantly got wedding on the brain. :)

    ReplyDelete