Monday, July 6, 2009

We are here!

Two days ago we arrived in Munich and took a bus to Innsbruck. It is so beautiful here. On all sides of the city are mountains. Huuuuuge mountains. Some time this week we are gonna go up there to the top. I have gotten to use my german language skills a few times and it was fun. Exept one time I was ordering gelato for rachel and intead of saying she wants a cone of strawberry I said they want a cone of strawberry. The people laughed. Innsbruck is on a river called der Inns. It has a stronger current than any river I have ever seen. I guess because it is from all of the snow that melts on the mountains and flows into the river. Things are a lot more expensive here, but rachel and i have found a few bars and imbisses (snack bars) that have fairly cheap food. For dinner last night we had cheeseburgers for around 4€ and they were gigantic. We couldnt finish them. We have made a few friends but mainly all the guys here are in frats and hang out with there own kind and all the girls are in sororities and do the same. Today is the first day of class and I am in between my Art History class and my Food and Culture in Europe class which I have with Rachel. It should be fun.

Travis

Oh also I was surprised to see that they drive on the right side of the road here.

No comments:

Post a Comment