Sunday, July 12, 2009

München and Movies

Yesterday we met in München (Munich). She had been at Dachau for the morning and I went to a Renaissance museum that was pretty cool. We met up at the train station and went with her teacher to get lunch at Augustiner Keller, a famous beer garten, with three of our friends who ended up staying there the whole day. After lunch we went to Altstadt (old town) in München and it turned out that there was a huge gay pride festival which was very interesting and fun. There was a huge stage and someone was singing a coldplay song or something. Then we went to Hofbräuhaus and had some beer and pretzels. They have a beer here called Radler which is half beer half lemonade and really good if you like beer and lemonade. I really hope I have a chance to come back here again. It is such a great place. I know that I will come back here again.

Rachel and I have a presentation for Food and Culture in Europe which has turned out to be a pretty intense course, on Wednesday. We are taking the class out for lunch at a place called Stiftskeller, a pretty old restaurant in Altstadt (the one here, not Munich). I cant wait to get it over with because on Wednesday night..... drum rollllll.... WE ARE SEEING HARRY POTTER!!!!! In ENGLISH!!! I cant wait. It will be pretty fun.

The movie theatre here is pretty nice. It has extreme stadium seating (I think if shaq were in front of me I would still be able to see). I saw Brüno there the other day. It was funny seeing it in Brünos home coutry Austria. It was in English but there was a lot of german in it anyway so it made it somewhat hard to follow. I didnt think it was as good as Borat but it was still worth it.

1 comment:

  1. More beer! Travis, you must be loving it! The beer-lemonade sounds good. :) Hope you like Harry Potter, I have not seen it yet, which is slightly ridiculous for me. I'm waiting for Adam... Oh the things you do for the one you love. :)

    ReplyDelete